|Full Name||Ted Franklin|
|Resides in||Seattle, Washington|
|Family|| Mrs. Franklin (wife)|
Emily Franklin (daughter)
|Friends||All Ridgeway Students|
|Relationships||Mrs. Franklin (wife)|
|Job||Principal at Ridgeway|
|Last Episode||iOpen a Restaurant|
|Portrayed By||Tim Russ|
Ted "Teddy" Franklin is the really popular-with-the-students principal at Ridgeway High School. He is fond of Carly and Freddie, and is used to seeing Sam in his office to give her detention on a regular basis. He never hesitates to discipline troublemaking students (particularly Sam), but does so in a fair and kind-hearted way rather than the "usual" strict way of most principals in the media. He goes out of his way to be fair and on occasion sides with students over teachers who pick on students or make false accusations. He seems to dislike Ms. Briggs and Mr. Howard's rude behavior to his students, and it appears that the feeling is mutual.
Ted and his kids are iCarly fans themselves.
He has at least two children (in iGot Detention, he said "My kids and I love iCarly"), but only his daughter Emily has been mentioned by name. His wife's name is unknown.
He is played by Tim Russ, best known for playing Lieutenant Tuvok on Star Trek:Voyager.
- In iPilot, Principal Franklin's Nebraska State University diploma writes that his name is Carl Franklin.
- Principal Franklin is the first character seen in the series, as when iPilot opens, he is seen laughing at the picture of Ms. Briggs as a rhinoceros (or what he thought at first to be a hippopotamus).
- Principal Franklin received Carly's microwave oven in iPromise Not to Tell.
- As revealed in iPromise Not to Tell, Principal Franklin's username is "bigteddy" and his password is "corncake21".
- He has weekly meetings with Sam Puckett (on a Tuesday).
- Carly, Sam, and Freddie think that Principal Franklin is the nicest teacher in the school.
- In iHave My Principals, the iCarly gang get him fired. However, they come up with a plan to get him his job back.
- Principal Franklin got fired due to his appearance on iCarly. However, that was his second time on the show.
- His name is likely a reference to "Teddy" Roosevelt and Franklin Roosevelt.
- He was never seen in Season 4, but he was heard over a speaker in iOMG. He references Star Trek very briefly when he says "Study hard and prosper." (this was an inside joke referring to Tim Russ' role on Star Trek: Voyager.)
- Principal Franklin makes his first on screen reappearance since iHave My Principals in Season 5 episode iOpen a Restaurant.